"Asian Style" Lettuce Wraps
Serves 4 - 6
1 lb. Sirloin Tip / Chuck Eye or Skirt Steak.
Canola or pomace oil
Boston / Bibb / Romaine Lettuce - washed and leaves removed & dried.
Thai Basil (regular Basil is fine)
Radish (Red or any you like) washed and sliced thin.
Green Onions, washed and sliced thin on the bias.
1 Bunch Cilantro, washed & dried thoroughly.
2 tablespoons Gochujang
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1-tablespoon rice vinegar
1-tablespoon soy sauce
1-teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
2 teaspoons honey
2 green onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
1. Coat steak with oil. Season thoroughly with salt; allow to stand at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes.
2. Grill (or pan fry) to desired doneness.
3. For the sauce - combine all ingredients and allow to stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour. Refrigerate after 1 hour, will keep for 3 - 5 days.
4. Remove steak from heat and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Slice thin across the grain.
5. Fill lettuce leaves with ingredients, coat liberally with sauce, serving additional on the side.
6. Bon Appétit!!