Serves 4 - 6
1 Lb. Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 Red Bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 Cucumber - peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 Poblano pepper - roasted, skinned & seeded
1 Jalapeno pepper, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 Red Onion, coarsely chopped
Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
1 Cup Tomato juice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Make sure all ingredients are thoroughly washed before using.
2. Combine tomatoes and cucumbers in blender or food processor, pulse until almost pureed.
3. Add remaining ingredients one at a time until all are added. Pulse until completely combined, it should look like a slightly thickened soup.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, red pepper and olive oil.
5. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature. Accompany soup with good crusty bread & a nice bottle of Spanish Red Wine.
6. Bon Appétit!!
Serving note: Accompany with a grilled shrimp / top with a dollop or crème fraiche or sour cream. Drizzle top with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.