Serves 6 – 8
6 / 8 – Russet potatoes, washed peeled & cut in 1/8” slices.
1 – bunch thyme, finely diced.
1 – bunch Parsley, finely diced.
6 – cloves Garlic, sliced thin.
8 ounces – Gruyere cheese, grated.
4 ounces – Parmigianino Regiano, grated.
1 qt. – HEAVY cream.
Kosher Salt & Fresh Black Pepper.
EV Olive oil.
Unsalted Butter for pan.
Preheat oven to 425*
1. Butter a 9 x 9 baking dish, liberally.
2. Layer potatoes, seasoning with salt, sprinkling with herbs & “light” coating of Gruyere between each layer.
3. Continue until you have at least 3 layers, I recommend no more than 6.
4. Sprinkle Parm liberally over top layer.
5. Working from the sides, add cream until it comes approximately 2/3 up side of potatoes.
6. Drizzle liberally with EV Olive Oil & place in oven.
7. Bake until sharp knife easily penetrates potatoes – all the way thru!!
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes prior to service. May be made up to 24 hours ahead, and reheated for service.
9. Bon Appétit!!!
Note: If potatoes begin to brown excessively prior to being done, cover loosely with aluminum foil and proceed as above.