1 - Shallot, cut in julienne
4 – Garlic cloves, cut in thin slice
1 – SMALL bunch fresh Thyme, coarse chop
1 – SMALL bunch fresh Parsley, coarse chop
4 – Ounces GOOD Italian prosciutto (or bacon) cut in julienne
6 – Large eggs.
Parmigiano Reggiano, as needed
“Splash” HEAVY cream
Red pepper flakes, to taste
1 – 1 lb. bag spaghettini (DRIED) preferably Italian
GOOD Olive oil, for pan & finish. Extra Virgin of course.
1. Bring large pasta pot filled with cold water to rapid boil, salt aggressively. Add pasta and cook 1 minute short of package instructions.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
3. Add prosciutto / bacon and cook until cooked thru, about 4 minutes.
4. Add shallot, garlic, red pepper flakes & ½ of the herb mix. Cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
5. Add cream and cook until slightly thickened (optional). Add good amount of Parmigiano and stir to combine.
6. Add pasta to sauce and toss to combine. Add remaining herbs and a little more cheese, drizzle with oil.
7. Add 2 of the eggs, lightly scrambled prior to adding - little pasta water and toss to combine. Cook until eggs are “set”.
8. Place pasta in serving bowl, top with egg yolk and serve immediately.
9. Bon Appétit!!!