Chicken Noodle Soup
Serves 4 - 6
1 – Chicken, meat pulled and shredded
1 – Medium onion, peeled and sliced thin
2 – Medium carrots, peeled and sliced thin
2 – Stalks celery, peeled and sliced thin
1 – Bulb fennel, peeled and sliced thin
1 clove garlic, sliced thin
1 sprig fresh thyme
1-liter +/- chicken stock
Olive oil, for pan
1 – Medium lemon
Grated Parmesan for garnish
- Preheat a large sauce pan / pot over medium heat. Add olive oil to coat bottom. Add all vegetables and sauté until softened.
- Add chicken stock and bring just to a boil.
- Add noodles and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pan and cook until noodles are “al dente” according to package directions.
- Add chicken and heat thru. Adjust seasoning with salt & lemon juice.
- Serve soup with crusty baguette and a dusting of parm
- Bon Appétit!