Oven Roasted Chicken Wings
Chicken wings – as needed
Spice Rub, your choice - I recommend JM Thomason
3 TBS. Unsalted Butter*
½ cup “Buffalo Style” Hot Sauce*
Preheat oven to 425*
1. Season chicken aggressively with spice rub, and salt if needed.
2. Place chicken into a large non-reactive bowl (metal or glass) and cover with buttermilk.
3. Allow chicken to marinate for at least one hour and up to overnight.
4. Remove chicken from buttermilk and dry with paper towels. Coat liberally with canola oil & spice rub.
5. Place chicken on a sheet pan into preheated oven and cook until internal temperature of 165*, approximately 30 minutes.
6. Place chicken on serving platter or bowl, and coat with spice rub.
7. Serve with sauce of choice.
*Optional - In a large saucepan melt butter & when foaming has subsided add hot sauce. Add wings and toss to coat completely. Serve as above.