Beef Hash Ooo La La
Serves 4 – 6
1.5 cups leftover Prime Rib / Roast Beef, etc., finely chopped
1 – Onion, finely chopped
1 – Bell Pepper, coarsely chopped
4 – Cloves Garlic, sliced thin
1 – Medium Potato, peeled and finely diced
1 – Large Tomato, coarsely chopped
Dash, Worcestershire Sauce
Juice of ½ lemon, seeded
Coarse Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 TBS Unsalted Butter
2 TBS AP Flour
2 Cups GOOD Beef Stock
3 – 4 eggs, poached
Canola Oil for pan
1. In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add canola to coat bottom of pan. Carefully add onion / peppers / potato & garlic. Cook until lightly browned and slightly softened.
2. Add butter to pan and allow to melt. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook, stirring constantly until flour is slightly browned.
3. Carefully add stock, stirring constantly, until lumps are gone and stock is totally combined. Cook, bringing briefly to a boil until slightly thickened.
4. Add tomato, and beef, stirring to combine thoroughly.
5. Cover with lid and allow to cook undisturbed for 10 – 15 minutes until completely heated thru.
6. To serve – place small pile of rice or noodles, and cover with hash – optional!
7. Top with poached egg and serve immediately!
8. Bon Appétit!!