Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Cowboy Charcoal
The Roundup is the Summer's Official Grilling Blog with Solutions for Holiday Appetizers
STOCKTON, Calif., June 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Fourth of July is quickly approaching and it's time to start planning your menu. Whether you're hosting or going as a guest, you'll need a few different, incredibly tasty and easy to munch side dishes. In honor of Independence Day, The Roundup is serving up appetizer recipes that are sure to set-off fireworks for your taste buds. These dishes are the ultimate start to your all-day eating fest. Here's to you, America!
4th of July Potatoes
- 2 pounds of mini red, white and blue potatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash potatoes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Coat potatoes with the minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill potatoes for approximately 20 minutes, until tender, turning frequently
- Top of these delicious potatoes with a dollop of butter and pair them with a perfectly grilled steak or chicken breast!
- 1 eggplant
- 1, 8-ounce mozzarella ball
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil, whole fresh leaves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Ground pepper
- Cut eggplant horizontally into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Toss sliced eggplant with kosher salt and let sit for 30 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Wipe eggplant dry with paper towels and brush both sides of the slices lightly with olive oil.
- Place your eggplant on the grill and cook approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Cut tomatoes and mozzarella in 1/4 inch round slices.
- Place one slice of eggplant on a plate and stack with one tomato slice, one mozzarella slice and 1 to 2 basil leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with pepper.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- 24 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 3, 8-ounce Italian sausages, precooked
- 12 pieces of bacon
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, down the stem.
- With a spoon, scrape out the seeds and fibers, leaving the pepper clean.
- Stuff peppers with one slice of cheese, folding it inside.
- Cut sausages into four pieces lengthwise and stuff one piece of sausage into each pepper and press closed.
- Cut bacon slices in half, wrap each slice around a jalapeno and secure with a toothpick (grill tip: Soak your toothpicks in water for about 30 minutes prior to putting them on the grill to prevent burning).
- Place poppers on the grill for 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until bacon is crisp and peppers are tender.
- Remove from grill and place on a serving platter.
Patriotic Colada Cocktail
- 1/2 fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup rum, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 cup ice
- Strawberries for garnish
- Coconut flakes
- Peel pineapple, remove core and cut into spears.
- Place spears in a zip-lock bag with the oil, sugar and 1 tablespoon of rum.
- Toss well and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Grill each side of the pineapple until caramelized.
- Remove them from the grill and put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once the grilled spears are slightly frozen, place them in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add blueberries, rum, half and half, coconut water and ice, blend well.
- Rim glasses with coconut and garnish with a strawberry.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140619/119560
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140619/119561
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.