1 - 8oz. bag frozen baby peas (or fresh if available)
1 - Shallot, cut in julienne
4 – Garlic cloves, cut in thin slice
1 – SMALL bunch fresh mint, coarse chop
4 – Ounces GOOD Italian proscuitto, cut in julienne
Parmigiano Reggiano, as needed
"Splash" HEAVY cream
Red pepper flakes, to taste
1 – 1 lb. bag spaghettini (DRIED) preferably Italian
GOOD Olive oil, for pan & finish. Extra Virgin of course.
- Bring large pasta pot filled with cold water to rapid boil, salt aggressively. Add pasta and cook 1 minute short of package instructions.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Coat bottom with oil, add shallot, garlic, red pepper flakes & ½ of the mint. Cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add proscuitto and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add peas and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Check pasta at this point – do not overcook.
- Add cream and cook until slightly thickened. Add good amount of Parmigiano and stir to combine.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss to combine. Add remaining mint and a little more cheese, drizzle with oil.
- Bon Appétit!!!