Gallatin man severely burned after candles ignite house fire - WSMV Channel 4

Gallatin man severely burned after candles ignite house fire

Posted: Updated:
GALLATIN, TN (WSMV) -

A man was burned on more than half his body after knocking over candles while asleep, catching a Gallatin house on fire Thursday evening.

The fire was reported in the 400 block of Pace Street.

Gallatin police said the 58-year-old man was using candles because the house did not have electricity.

The man was transported by medical helicopter to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in critical condition.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.