Wednesday, August 27 2014 3:29 PM EDT2014-08-27 19:29:06 GMT
A senior adviser to Sierra Leone's president says a third doctor has died from Ebola, marking a setback in the country's fight against the virulent disease.More >>
A third top doctor has died from Ebola in Sierra Leone, a government official said Wednesday, as a leading American health official warned that the outbreak sweeping West Africa would get worse.More >>
Tuesday, August 19 2014 4:53 PM EDT2014-08-19 20:53:02 GMT
A cross was burned in the yard of a Smith County man after what his family is referring to as a vicious hate crime occurred. Family members say that Craig Wilson was beaten with brass knuckles and shotMore >>
A burning cross, a Smith county man beaten and shot by a family member, and in critical condition. We are told this is much more than a family feud, and outraged family members are calling it a "hate crime."
Wednesday, August 27 2014 8:09 PM EDT2014-08-28 00:09:28 GMT
Because of a dispute with the booking agent both Naughty by Nature and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony may not be attend the Perrysburg Heights concert.More >>
The concert was suppose to feature Coolio, Naughty by Nature and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. Now because of a dispute with the booking agent both Naughty by Nature and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony may not be attending.More >>
Usually, our Restaurant Ratings Report features inspection reports from the Lucas County Health Department. This week though, we got a tip of a nasty addition to a Toledo take-out order.
A viewer sent us photos of a cockroach she found inside food ordered from the Rice King on Broadway Avenue. She says the owner offered to prepare her a new order of food when she complained.
Toledo News Now showed the photos to the Lucas County Health Department, which sent an inspector to the restaurant. The results of that inspection have not been released.
We did receive several other inspection reports this week, though.
The Comboz King on Dorr Street was issued seven violations. Inspectors say they found raw chicken uncovered in a freezer, a pan of raw chicken wings being stored over bread in a cooler and many unlabeled foods.
The Mango Tree on South Reynolds Road in Toledo was violation free this week. Turns out, the south Toledo restaurant has never received a violation on its quarterly inspections by the county.
At Buckeye Subs on Dorr Street inspectors found an uncovered ash-tray with cigarette butts, as well as a leak in the ceiling, a sink the restroom without paper towels and a cardboard box being used to store utensils.
Inspectors report gnats at a sink inside Marco's Pizza on Dorr Street. The health department also ordered two cans of insecticide found in the facility be removed.
Finally this week, inspectors issued six violations at the Yogurt U on Secor Road. The person in charge at the time of the inspection wasn't food safety certified, and there no paper towels at a sink.
Each year, 1 in 6 Americans gets sick by consuming contaminated foods or beverages, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Wednesday, August 27 2014 8:48 PM EDT2014-08-28 00:48:52 GMT
Southern California administrators are examining the conflicting stories surrounding the injuries of cornerback Josh Shaw, whose heroic tale of rescue has been disputed.More >>
Southern California cornerback Josh Shaw confessed that he lied to school officials about how he sprained his ankles last weekend, retracting his story about jumping off a balcony to save his drowning nephew.More >>