Restaurant Ratings Report: Cockroach found in takeout food - WSMV Channel 4

Restaurant Ratings Report: Cockroach found in takeout food

Posted: Updated:
A cockroach found in takeout food from a Toledo restaurant (Source: Viewer photo) A cockroach found in takeout food from a Toledo restaurant (Source: Viewer photo)
The Mango Tree in south Toledo has never received a violation on its quarterly inspections by the county. The Mango Tree in south Toledo has never received a violation on its quarterly inspections by the county.
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -

Usually, our Restaurant Ratings Report features inspection reports from the Lucas County Health Department. This week though, we got a tip of a nasty addition to a Toledo take-out order.

A viewer sent us photos of a cockroach she found inside food ordered from the Rice King on Broadway Avenue. She says the owner offered to prepare her a new order of food when she complained.

Toledo News Now showed the photos to the Lucas County Health Department, which sent an inspector to the restaurant. The results of that inspection have not been released.

We did receive several other inspection reports this week, though.

The Comboz King on Dorr Street was issued seven violations. Inspectors say they found raw chicken uncovered in a freezer, a pan of raw chicken wings being stored over bread in a cooler and many unlabeled foods.

The Mango Tree on South Reynolds Road in Toledo was violation free this week. Turns out, the south Toledo restaurant has never received a violation on its quarterly inspections by the county.

At Buckeye Subs on Dorr Street inspectors found an uncovered ash-tray with cigarette butts, as well as a leak in the ceiling, a sink the restroom without paper towels and a cardboard box being used to store utensils.

Inspectors report gnats at a sink inside Marco's Pizza on Dorr Street. The health department also ordered two cans of insecticide found in the facility be removed.

Finally this week, inspectors issued six violations at the Yogurt U on Secor Road. The person in charge at the time of the inspection wasn't food safety certified, and there no paper towels at a sink.

Each year, 1 in 6 Americans gets sick by consuming contaminated foods or beverages, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Learn more about foodborne illnesses so you can protect your health.

Copyright 2014 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.