AIMEE FORTNEY'S EASY MEXICAN QUICHE
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 1 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained; then blotted with a paper towel to remove excess moisture
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 5 eggs
- Ground black pepper; about 1/2 a teaspoon to 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Roll out pie dough in a deep dish pie plate. To the crust, add cheese, black beans, cherry tomatoes and cilantro. In a blender, blend milk, eggs, black pepper, oregano and crushed red pepper together. Slowly pour egg mixture into crust and bake at 375 for 45 to 55 minutes or until set. Enjoy hot or cold.
Learn more about Not the Perfect Cook at www.nottheperfectcook.com and like Not the Perfect Cook on Facebook.
Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.