Families escape from south Nashville duplex fire - WSMV Channel 4

Families escape from south Nashville duplex fire

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

A south Nashville home went up in flames overnight while the homeowners were trying to keep warm.

The fire appears to have started in the chimney of a duplex on Scott Valley Drive.

The smoke woke up the family closest to the fire, and neighbors also evacuated in time.

Firefighters had to cut a hole in the side of the duplex to put the fire out.

The duplex is not a total loss, but a lot has to be fixed before the residents can move back in.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.