RALEIGH: Tree falls on power line, sparks Raleigh house fire - WSMV Channel 4

Tree falls on power line, sparks Raleigh house fire

Posted: Updated:

A tree fell on a power line Friday morning, sparking a fire at a home in Raleigh.

The fire was reported just after 6 a.m. Friday at 2008 Reaves Drive.

Teena Anderson, a neighbor, told WNCN's Bianca Spinosa that an 87-year-old woman lives in the home by herself.

Anderson said she heard a loud boom and saw the tree on the house. Flames then began shooting out of the attic and another neighbor went in and made sure to get the woman out of the house safely, she told WNCN.

Officials on the scene tell WNCN that the fire was likely weather-related. They believe a strong gust of wind caused the large pine tree to fall on the house, bringing a power line down with it.

A neighbor rescued 87-year-old Jean Stainback and her dog China from the burning home, officials said.

Officials said the fire has been contained and no one was injured.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.