Residents safe after house fire in Nashville - WSMV Channel 4

Residents safe after house fire in Nashville

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

A pair of Nashville residents scrambled to get outside as a fire quickly ripped through the attic of their house overnight.

The fire happened at a home on the 4600 block of Saunders Avenue, just north of Briley Parkway.

It appears that a faulty light on the stove caught fire, which spread from a wall in the kitchen to the attic.

The two adults in the home were able to make it outside safely.

The home is not a total loss, and the residents should be able to return later in the day.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.