For the Roasted Garlic
1 bulb of Garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
2-2.5 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 tablespoons Butter, divided
1/2 cup warm 2% Milk
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
3/4 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
Roasted Garlic or 1 minced garlic clove
2 tablespoons Dried Breadcrumbs
1 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- For the Roasted Garlic, preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Cut 1/2 inch off the top of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Wrap the bulb in tin foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow the garlic to cool and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the cubed potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 8-10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain to the potatoes and return them to the pot over low heat. Begin mashing and then add in the 3 tbls butter, milk, half of the cheese, salt, pepper, and roasted garlic (or 1 minced garlic clove). Continue mashing everything together until well combined.
- Place the potato mixture in a square-baking dish sprayed or buttered.
- In a small bowl melt the remaining tbls of butter and stir in the rest of the cheese, breadcrumbs, and parsley. Evenly sprinkle this mixture over the potatoes and bake for 20-25 minutes.