Electrical problem sparks fire at church offices - WSMV Channel 4

Electrical problem sparks fire at church offices

Posted: Updated:
GOODLETTSVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

It's believed an electrical problem sparked a fire Thursday night at the regional office for the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.

Employees with Questline Productions were working late at the Kentucky-Tennessee Conference offices on Conference Drive when the lights began acting strangely.

Upon investigation, the employees found a fire in the ceiling.

"When we pulled the tiles back, you could actually see the fire burning," said Charles Byrd with Questline Productions. "One of the 2x4s had burned half-way through and the other tiles were starting to turn brown, so we shot it with a fire extinguisher and called the fire department.

The fire damage to the building was minimal, however there was damage caused by water.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.