Brentwood hotel guests evacuate after fire - WSMV Channel 4

Brentwood hotel guests evacuate after fire

Posted: Updated:
BRENTWOOD, TN (WSMV) -

Some Brentwood hotel guests evacuated after a fire Wednesday morning.

Fire officials say a guest at the Candlewood Suites on Virginia Way awoke to smoke in her room and figured out that the AC/heating unit was malfunctioning.

When the fire department arrived to the scene, they discovered there were flames inside the unit, which crews put out with a fire extinguisher.

As a precaution, some of the guests evacuated when the fire alarm went off.

Officials say no one was hurt in the fire and that it was contained to the hotel room where it started.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.