Talladega County authorities say a suspected carbon monoxide leak has killed a Tennessee man who was camping out for a NASCAR race.
Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore says friends of the man and his wife found the couple unresponsive inside their motor home at the Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday afternoon.
Deputy Coroner Larry Seals says the couple was likely using a gas stove for heat and there was a problem with the generator's exhaust system. Authorities found the man dead when they arrived, and his wife has been hospitalized in Birmingham. The man's identity has not yet been released.
The man is at least the second racing fan to die while camping out near the track this year.
In early May a Georgia man accidentally drowned in a creek near the track.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Wednesday, July 23 2014 1:37 PM EDT2014-07-23 17:37:11 GMT
Congress will hear testimony Wednesday detailing how undercover investigators used fake identities to get taxpayer-subsidized health insurance under President Barack Obama's law.More >>
Undercover investigators using fake identities were able to secure taxpayer-subsidized health insurance under President Barack Obama's health care law, congressional investigators said Wednesday.More >>