- Spaghetti Squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ lb Ground Turkey or Turkey Sausage
- 1 ½ cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Drizzle olive oil on flesh sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, until fork can easily pierce through the skin of the squash. Allow squash to cool, and then remove the "spaghetti" from each half of the squash using a fork. This step can be done ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium skillet, brown turkey until fully cooked over medium heat. Add spaghetti squash and marinara sauce to the skillet. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Next stir in the mozzarella cheese and ½ of the Parmesan cheese to the mixture.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in basil. Place the mixture into a 9x9 baking dish and top with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve with a side salad and dinner is ready.