Vanderbilt University dormitory evacuated following grease fire - WSMV Channel 4

Vanderbilt University dormitory evacuated following grease fire

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Students were briefly evacuated from a Vanderbilt University dormitory early Saturday evening after a fire broke out.

According to school officials, it happened around 5:20 p.m. at Lewis House.

Officials say some students were cooking, and a small grease fire broke out.

The  sprinkler system and fire alarm were  activated and the dorm evacuated around 5:20 p.m.

The sprinkler system put out the fire immediately before the fire department arrived on scene.

Students were able to re-enter the building by 5:50 p.m.

Officials say there were no injuries or damage, other than some water to mop up.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.