Unattended candle starts Signal Mountain house fire - WSMV Channel 4

Unattended candle starts Signal Mountain house fire

Posted: Updated:
SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, TN (WRCB) -

An early-morning house fire in Signal Mountain has left a house severely damaged.

About 5:30 a.m., a mother was awakened by her daughter who said her bedroom was on fire. The family evacuated the house and called 911.

Firefighters from Signal Mountain Fire Department and Walden's Ridge Emergency Services responded saw heavy smoke coming from the house.

Firefighters entered the house, found extinguished the fire in a second floor bedroom.

According to Signal Mountain Chief, Eric Mitchell, the 15 year-old female had a candle burning in her room, which she left unattended to take a shower.

Damages to the house are listed at $40,000-50,000, with the rest of the house receiving heavy heat and smoke damage.

No injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.