A Trion man was hospitalized Thursday when he was stung by a Pus Moth Caterpillar.
According to the Summerville News, Jeffrey Gazaway was working at White's Sanitation when he walked by a willow tree and the venomous insect stung him.
Gazaway thought he was having a heart attack due to the intense pain and experienced slurred speech and discoloration in his eyes.
He was rushed to the hospital. Doctors were not sure what was wrong with him until Gazaway's wife showed them the caterpillar which she had put in a jar.
He was treated with Benadryl and painkillers.
According to Wikipedia, the insect's spines are venomous and medical attention should be sought within hours if stung.
The 40-year-old was missing for several days, causing his family worry.