Makes 16 mini muffins
- ½ Cup Quinoa (uncooked), rinsed
- ½ Cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Cup Water or Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tsp All Purpose Flour
- Paprika, for sprinkling
- In a medium saucepan place quinoa, onion, garlic, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, then cover for 12-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed
- Add jalapeno, egg, cheddar, and flour to the cooled, cooked quinoa.
- Fill a mini muffin pan with mixture, sprinkle tops with Paprika if desired, and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.