'Glee' star Cory Monteith died of heroin and alcohol mix, coroner says
"Glee" star Cory Monteith died of mixed drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol, according to the British Columbia Coroner's Service.
His death is believed to be accidental.
Monteith, 31, was found dead Saturday afternoon in a hotel room in Vancouver, British Columbia, where he had spent a week. Vancouver police have not disclosed if Monteith was in his native Canada for personal or business reasons. When Monteith failed to check out on time, hotel staff went to his room and found that the actor had passed away. Police ruled out foul play from the beginning.
Monteith was due to begin working on the fifth season of the Fox show in two weeks.
The actor has been open about his struggles with drug addiction, and said he went to rehab when he was 19 after his family intervened. Monteith checked himself into a rehab facility in March, and thanked his supporters on Twitter when he completed his treatment a month later.
Monday, July 28 2014 3:15 PM EDT2014-07-28 19:15:11 GMT
After more than six weeks of sometimes testy talks, House and Senate negotiators have agreed on a compromise plan to fix a veterans health program scandalized by long patient wait times and falsified records...More >>
A bipartisan deal to improve veterans' health care would authorize at least $17 billion to fix the health program scandalized by long patient wait times and falsified records covering up delays, the bill's chief...More >>