Lightning blamed for Johns Creek house fire - WSMV News 4

Lightning blamed for Johns Creek house fire

Posted: Updated:
JOHNS CREEK, GA (CBS46) -

Firefighters said lightning sparked a house fire on Donnington Drive in Johns Creek.

Sachim Sangole lives next door to the house in The Estates at Wellington subdivision. He said he saw a big light come down from the sky and when he looked out the window again, his neighbor's roof was on fire. Sangole said he called 911.

Two young men were inside the home, where they live with three other friends. The pair said they heard a noise, and when the fire alarms went off, they called 911 and ran outside.

Johns Creek firefighters said they arrived within minutes of receiving the 911 call. 

Firefighters said the fire moved quickly, and were forced to retreat from inside the home within 10 minutes. The house is a total loss.

The roof of the home caved in just before 6 p.m.

Firefighters said they were able to put out most of the fire within 20 minutes and contain it from spreading to other houses.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Texas students disciplined for racially-charged post

    Texas students disciplined for racially-charged post

    Sunday, October 22 2017 8:54 PM EDT2017-10-23 00:54:04 GMT
    (Source: CNN)(Source: CNN)

    Some high school students in Richmond, Texas are facing discipline after bringing a Confederate battle flag on campus. 

    More >>

    Some high school students in Richmond, Texas are facing discipline after bringing a Confederate battle flag on campus. 

    More >>
  • Judge tosses $417M award against Johnson & Johnson

    Judge tosses $417M award against Johnson & Johnson

    Saturday, October 21 2017 5:56 PM EDT2017-10-21 21:56:34 GMT
    In this April 15, 2011, file photo, a bottle of Johnson's baby powder is displayed in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu, File)In this April 15, 2011, file photo, a bottle of Johnson's baby powder is displayed in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu, File)

    A judge on Friday tossed out a $417 million jury award to a woman who claimed she developed ovarian cancer by using Johnson & Johnson talc-based baby powder for feminine hygiene.

    More >>

    A judge on Friday tossed out a $417 million jury award to a woman who claimed she developed ovarian cancer by using Johnson & Johnson talc-based baby powder for feminine hygiene.

    More >>
  • Foo Fighters cancel Tennessee shows after family emergency

    Foo Fighters cancel Tennessee shows after family emergency

    Monday, October 23 2017 6:54 AM EDT2017-10-23 10:54:45 GMT

    The Foo Fighters have canceled several concerts this week because of a family emergency, the group posted on Twitter on Sunday.

    More >>

    The Foo Fighters have canceled several concerts this week because of a family emergency, the group posted on Twitter on Sunday.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.