2 Cups Blackberries
1 Tbls Fresh Orange Juice
1 tsp Orange Zest
1 tsp Vanilla
¾ Self Rising Flour
¾ Cup Sugar, plus 3 Tbls Sugar
¾ Cup Milk
6 tbls melted Butter
Preheat Oven to 350
- Lightly mash together Blackberries, orange juice, zest, vanilla, and 2 tbls of sugar
- In a separate bowl whisk together ¾ cup of sugar and all of the flour, then add the milk. Once combined stir in the butter.
- Pour the batter into a cast iron skillet or square-baking dish.
- Evenly distribute blackberries all over the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, sprinkle with remaining 1 tbls of sugar and bake another 10 minutes. Serve with Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.