Family says dog saved them from carbon monoxide poisoning - WSMV Channel 4

Family says dog saved them from carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
Source: WBIR Source: WBIR

BRISTOL, VA (WBIR) -- A Bristol, Virginia family is recovering after a close call with a silent killer and they have their dog to thank for their lives.

Michael Carr was asleep Thursday night when his dog Buster Brown woke him up. He got up and found his girlfriend was unconscious on the stairs near his room.

He began looking for help outside, and some fortunate timing helped save his family.

"There was a life saving crew that was coming up the road that wasn't even coming here. It was going over to Brother Road and I stopped them," said Carr.

Read more from our NBC affiliate WBIR.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.