1 lb bow tie pasta
1 lb mild pork sausage (Optional)
1 medium size onion, chopped
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu with mushrooms)
1 lb cubed cooked ham or Canadian bacon (I replace the pepperoni with Canadian bacon on top of this casserole, I just cut it a little smaller)
1/2-1 lb of sliced pepperoni (Optional)
3 (8 ounce) bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
6 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
1 can mushrooms (drained) or you can use freshly chopped (optional)
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dent é.
2. Cook sausage, garlic powder and oregano with onions until the juices run clear.
3. In a lightly greased 9x13x3 inch pan, pour a small amount of sauce to lightly coat bottom.
4. Layer ingredients in the order listed below.
5. 1st layer-1/3 of the pasta, 1/3 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, sausage, mushrooms and onions.
6. 2nd layer-1/2 of the remaining pasta, 1/2 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, ham & rest of mushrooms.
7. 3rd layer-all remaining pasta, all remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, all the pepperoni(completely covering the entire top with pepperoni).
8. Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
9. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.