◦ 4 Thick Cut Pork Chops
◦ 1 tsp Salt
◦ 3/4 tsp Pepper
◦ 2 tsp Lemon Zest
For the Mango BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Apricot Jam (may substitute peach or orange marmalade)
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1 Mango, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 Ketchup
- 2 Tbls Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add oil and onions and soften for 5 minutes
- Next add garlic, jam, ginger, mango, and ketchup then cook over medium low heat for the 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once sauce has finished cooking, add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat Grill to medium high heat, sprinkle pork chops evenly on each side with salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Grill pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side, then brush each side with BBQ sauce and cook another minute on each side.
- Serve remaining Mango BBQ Sauce with grilled chops.