Stubborn attic fire damages couple's home - WSMV News 4

Stubborn attic fire damages couple's home

Posted: Updated:

A Nashville couple awoke early this morning to a fire that ripped through their attic.

The fire occurred around midnight in northwest Davidson County on Drakes Branch Road near Kings Lane.

When crews arrived, smoke was coming from the roof.

Officials said they believe the fire started from an electrical problem. The blaze was contained to one side of the home but later rekindled around 3:30 a.m. 

Flames about 10 feet high were seen shooting from the roof.

Authorities said the residents did not have fire insurance.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.