Candle starts north Nashville house fire - WSMV Channel 4

Candle starts north Nashville house fire

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Fire crews have contained a blaze at a north Nashville home Thursday evening.

The fire was reported before 9 p.m. in the 1700 block of 14th Avenue North after a candle apparently tipped over in the bathroom.

The fire spread into the attic, and witnesses reported seeing smoke and flames shooting through the roof.

Officials said six people, including four children, were displaced by the fire, and the American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.