Lewis County woman dies following cooking fire - WSMV Channel 4

Lewis County woman dies following cooking fire

Posted: Updated:
HOHENWALD, TN (WSMV) -

A Lewis County woman has died after she was burned when an electric stove caught fire at her home Thursday evening.

The fire was reported about 6 p.m. in the 200 block of Bellwood Road near Hohenwald.

A passer-by saw the smoke and pulled 83-year-old Letta Hinson from her home.

Lewis County Fire Chief Steve Vineyard said Hinson was transported by medical helicopter to Vanderbilt University Medical Center for treatment of critical burns on more than 40 percent of her body.

Hospital staff said Hinson died Friday.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.