For the crepes:
250 ml whole milk (1 cup + 2 TBS)
125 grams AP flour (1 cup + 2 tsp)
2 large eggs
1 tsp kosher salt
5 grams unsalted butter, melted & reserved
1. Combine eggs & milk in blender and pulse to combine.
2. With motor running slowly add flour and salt, blend till completely combined.
3. Chill for 30 minutes to overnight.
4. Heat an 8" nonstick (or crepe pan) over medium high heat.
5. Add butter, when melted add to batter and pulse to combine.
6. Add batter to pan, tilting and swirling to cover bottom of pan.
7. Cook until edges are slightly browned, approximately 1 minute.
8. Turn and cook for 15 seconds. Remove to plate till ready to use.
For the filling:
1/2 cup ham (preferably NOT smoked), diced
1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
For the sauce:
1 Pint mushrooms (white, crimini, shitake or blend), sliced
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 TBS flour, AP
Scant amount of fresh nutmeg
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
Butter for pan
1. Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add butter to melt.
2. Add mushrooms and saute until light brown, add shallot and mushroom and saute until just softened.
3. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir to combine.
4. Add milk/cream stirring to combine. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer.
5. Season with salt, nutmeg and cayenne.
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.