Italian Mac and Cheese
12 oz. box Mini shell pasta
2 C Heavy Cream
4 cloves fresh garlic smashed
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 C Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
1 C Ricotta Cheese
1/2 C Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 Tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
1) Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Bring pot of salted water to boil for pasta. When boiling drop in pasta and cook till al dente'
3) In a medium sauce pan or saute' pan over medium heat melt butter.
4) Add garlic and sauté till butter is beginning to brown.
5) Add heavy cream and nutmeg to pan and whisk into butter.
6) Add parmesan, pecorino and ricotta to cream and whisk in till combined.
7) Add pasta and combine with sauce.
8) Pour pasta mixture into oven proof baking dish
9) Top with mozzarella and bread crumbs
10) Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes till cheese is bubbling and bread crumbs begin to brown.
* Always use good quality cheese. The better the cheese the better the flavor!
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.