Chef Nick Pellegrino from Mangia Nashville
Spaghetti Alla Zucca (spaghetti squash)
1 Small spaghetti squash
1 C Black olives sliced
1/4 C Sun dried tomatoes
4 Cloves roasted garlic
8-10 leaves of fresh basil torn
1/4 C Extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
- Split squash in half, scoop out seeds and place face down on a sheet pan or shallow baking dish with a 1/4 cup of water.
- Roast squash in oven for 20-30 minutes till soft to touch on outside.
- At the same time place 4 cloves of garlic with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt in a pouch of aluminum foil to roast.
- Remove squash and garlic from oven and set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle take a fork and scrape out inside of squash. It will resemble strands of spaghetti.
- Add olive oil to saute pan over medium high heat. Add squash, olives and sun dried tomato. Saute' till heated through.
- Add torn basil and toss to distribute.
- Transfer to plate and top with fresh grated parmesan.
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.