Slushy machine fire cancels classes at Fairview HS - WSMV News 4

Slushy machine fire cancels classes at Fairview HS

Posted: Updated:
FAIRVIEW, TN (WSMV) -

Classes were canceled Tuesday at Fairview High School after an early-morning fire that was sparked by a faulty Slushy machine.

The fire was reported around 4 a.m.

Crews said the fire was extinguished at a storage unit inside a ROTC building.  

Fire officials said a problem with the machine's wiring sparked the fire.  One ROTC uniform was damaged and the sprinkler system flooded a few rooms.

All other schools are open in Williamson County on Tuesday. Classes will be back in session at the school on Wednesday.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.