Chicken Sautéed with White Wine & Tomato
Serves 4 – 6
1 Chicken, cut into 8 pieces skin & bone removed
1 onion peeled, halved & cut in "half moons" (émincer)
4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
4 tomatoes, cored and cut in strips (batonet)
8 large mushrooms, sliced thin
2 zucchini, sliced thin
2 cups GOOD white wine
XV olive oil
Red pepper flakes (or black pepper)
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Season chix (BOTH SIDES) with salt.
- Add oil to coat bottom of pan & add chicken.
- Allow chix to cook UNDISTURBED for 3
minutes. Turn & cook for additional
2 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to
- Add onion & garlic to pan and cook for 1
- Add mushrooms & zucchini and cook for 2
- Add tomato and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until slightly reduced. Make sure to scrape bottom of pan.
- Return chix to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 10. Remove
chix from pan and add butter. Swirl to
- 11. Pour
sauce over chix and serve immediately with rice or pasta.
- 12. Bon