Fire rips through Bellevue apartment - WSMV Channel 4

Fire rips through Bellevue apartment

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Firefighters said food left on a stove ignited a fire Monday night at the Creekwood Apartments in Bellevue.

The fire began just before 10:30 p.m., ripping through the bottom half of the unit and destroying most of the downstairs.

Investigators said a man was home and fell asleep while cooking. He woke up surrounded by thick black smoke but kicked out a window to escape.

His roommate, Thomas Black, was at work when the fire started.  By the time he came home, a lot of his possessions were destroyed.

Black said he lost many of his possessions but was able to save his dog.

The blaze was contained to the one unit.  No one was hurt.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.    

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.