2 large Yukon gold potatoes, washed & cut in 1/8" thick slice
1 Bell pepper – green or red, cut in 1/8" strips
1 large yellow onion, cut in half and sliced in thin "half moon"
4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
8 strips thick bacon, cut in ¼" slice and sautéed till crisp
½ cup Manchego cheese, grated - plus more for garnish
1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped coarse
Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper
GOOD olive oil – Extra Virgin
Preheat oven to 425*
1. In a large bowl combine potatoes, onions, peppers & garlic. Coat generously with olive oil & toss to combine.
2. Preheat a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium high heat. Place potato mixture in pan and sauté until just starting to brown – approximately 5 minutes.
3. Beat eggs with approximately 1 TBS of olive oil. Season with salt & ground pepper.
4. Spread potato mixture evenly across bottom of pan. Pour eggs over slowly making sure all veg are covered. Using a heat resistant spatula work eggs gently from side of pan. Add bacon, distributing evenly.
5. When eggs are starting to set, spread cheese over evenly. Sprinkle parsley over cheese.
6. Carefully place pan in oven and cook until top is set & golden brown – approximately 4 minutes.
7. Remove from pan onto cutting board & slice as desired.
8. Serve with a dusting of Manchego & a drizzle of olive oil.
9. Bon Appétit!!
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.