2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half and pounded flat.
2 c all purpose flour
6 tbsp unsalted butter
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c fresh lemon juice
1/2 c chicken stock
1/4 capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Dredge chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and set aside on plate.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 1/2 of butter and olive oil. When butter begins to sizzle add chicken to pan.
3. Cook chicken about 2 minutes till browned. Turn over and brown other side for 2 more minutes.
4. Remove and transfer to plate.
5. Add lemon juice, stock and capers to pan scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan.
6. Return chicken to pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Remove chicken to serving platter.
8. Add remaining butter to pan and whisk to thicken sauce.
9. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with fresh parsley
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.