Murfreesboro home heavily damaged in fire - WSMV Channel 4

Murfreesboro home heavily damaged in fire

Posted: Updated:
MURFREESBORO, TN (WSMV) -

Crews said heavy smoke and flames were coming from a home on January Street when they arrived on the scene just after 2 p.m. Monday afternoon.

"The blaze was rolling, but crews got in there and extinguished the fire quickly," said shift commander Daryl Alexander.

The home received major fire and smoke damage, according to firefighters.

The fire marshall's office was called to investigate.

Firefighters said the fire appears to have started on the stove.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.