8 units damaged by N. Nashville apartment fire - WSMV News 4

8 units damaged by N. Nashville apartment fire

Posted: Updated:

An entire building at an apartment complex in north Nashville was damaged by a fast-moving fire Monday morning.

The fire occurred at the Haynes Garden Apartments in the 2700 block of Whites Creek Pike around 8:45 a.m.

"By the time we made it to the kitchen, there was fire coming from the back of the stove," said fire victim Annie Edmondson. "The only thing I could think of was getting my child, my friend and her son out of there."

The apartment where the fire started belongs to Edmondson's friend.  Edmondson was staying at the apartment Sunday night with her 10-month-old child.

Corey Jenkins lives in separate building from where the fire occurred.  When his girlfriend noticed the smoke, he and a friend immediately ran over to help.

"When I got to the top of the breezeway, the kitchen was already engulfed," said Jenkins. "We were just banging on doors as fast as we could," said Jenkins.

Fire officials are still investigating how the fire started in the stove.

The American Red Cross is helping several of the fire victims. No one was hurt. 

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.