4 garlic cloves smashed
4 tbsp olive oil
1 med onion diced
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
2 16 oz cans of cannellini beans rinsed
1 pound of ditalini or elbow pasta
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1 C water
2-4 fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1) In a sauce pan over medium heat sauté onions till translucent
2) Add garlic and continue cooking till golden brown
3) Add tomatoes and water. Let cook for 10 minutes
4) Add beans and continue to simmer on low heat
5) Add pasta to tomato sauce when al dente (10 minutes). Stir gently (add more water if sauce gets too thick)
6) Add dried oregano
7) Season with salt and pepper
8) Top with fresh basil leaves, grated parmesan and serve immediately.
* Great left over the next day. Just add some water as pasta will absorb over night!
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.