A large home in Murfreesboro is in ruins after a fire Saturday night.
The fire started at about 9 p.m. at a house on Sanford Drive.
When first responders arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames.
Firefighters continued to battle the fire until about 5 a.m. Sunday.
According to Rutherford County property records, the home was nearly 10,000 square feet.
No one was hurt. According to a representative for the Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue Department, the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department will launch an investigation.
Family members of the homeowner said Sunday that the home was built in 1974, and they believe the fire may have been sparked by an electrical problem.
The family said no one was home at the time and all the pets got out safely.
"We just had Christmas here with the whole family and the grandchildren," said Valerie Compton, daughter of the home's owner.
"My father built it with his hands, and it's a lot of his creativity and my mom's," Compton continued. "There's a lot of memories here. We had a huge quilt that was made by my grandmother and great-grandmother that was hanging on the fireplace, and obviously that's completely gone."
Compton said her father will rebuild the house, and she'll be around to help.
"We have our memories, and we have each other," said Compton. "We've got a strong foundation."
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Sunday, May 19 2013 3:31 PM EDT2013-05-19 19:31:56 GMT
Music City Center opens its doors to the public on Sunday for the first day of a two-day grand opening celebration. The 1.2 million square foot building has been under construction since 2010. It costMore >>
Music City Center opened its doors to the public on Sunday for the first day of a two-day grand opening celebration.More >>
It's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials...More >>
Some lucky person walked into a Publix supermarket in suburban Florida over the past few days and bought a ticket now worth an estimated $590.5 million - the highest Powerball jackpot in history.More >>
Sunday, May 19 2013 7:14 AM EDT2013-05-19 11:14:58 GMT
Police responded to a domestic call at a home on Hazelwood Drive just before 4 a.m. Sunday morning. When they got to the scene they found a non-working meth lab. Two kids were in the home. Edward Tarpley,More >>
Police responded to a domestic call at a home on Hazelwood Drive just before 4 a.m. Sunday morning.More >>