For the second time in less than a week, Arthur Eddy Academy in Saginaw was evacuated due to a gas leak.
The school is located at 1000 Cathay Street on Saginaw's east side, just off Veteran's Memorial Parkway.
The students walked to the school's off site location of Tabernacle Baptist Church at 810 Cathay Street. They were at that location for about two hours.
There are 288 students that attend Arthur Eddy Academy. Students were allowed back into the school around 1 p.m. Consumers Energy officials cleared the gas leak and school officials say the smell of gas was linked to the school's furnace pilot light, which was out.
School officials said janitorial staff will go through the school checking for any gas leaks two times between Tuesday and the start of school on Wednesday.
Tuesday's evacuation was the third in two weeks for Arthur Eddy Academy students due to the smell of gas.
Copyright 2013 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Sunday, May 19 2013 8:29 PM EDT2013-05-20 00:29:06 GMT
Music City Center opens its doors to the public on Sunday for the first day of a two-day grand opening celebration. The 1.2 million square foot building has been under construction since 2010. It costMore >>
Music City Center opened its doors to the public on Sunday for the first day of a two-day grand opening celebration.More >>
It's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials...More >>
Some lucky person walked into a Publix supermarket in suburban Florida over the past few days and bought a ticket now worth an estimated $590.5 million - the highest Powerball jackpot in history.More >>
Sunday, May 19 2013 7:14 AM EDT2013-05-19 11:14:58 GMT
Police responded to a domestic call at a home on Hazelwood Drive just before 4 a.m. Sunday morning. When they got to the scene they found a non-working meth lab. Two kids were in the home. Edward Tarpley,More >>
Police responded to a domestic call at a home on Hazelwood Drive just before 4 a.m. Sunday morning.More >>