2-3 garlic cloves smashed
1 medium Zucchini thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips (julienne)
2 tbsp olive oil
8 large eggs lightly beaten
1/4 Cup grated Fontina cheese ( any semi soft cheese will work )
3 large basil leaves chopped (can use dry if not available)
1 small bunch of fresh tarragon leaves (can use dry if not available)
salt and pepper to taste
1) in a pre heated medium size cast iron or oven proof skillet heat olive oil
2) Add garlic and zucchini and sauté 2 minutes till zucchini is tender but not fully cooked through.
3) Lightly beat eggs, basil, tarragon and salt and pepper
4) Add egg mixture to pan and let sit for a minute
5) Using a spatula scrape eggs from side of pan loosening the edges as eggs cook
6) When there isn't much loose egg mixture left sprinkle cheese on top and place pan in broiler for 1-2 minutes till center is set and cheese is melted.
7) Remove pan from oven, let cool for 5 minutes
8) Invert pan onto serving platter. Slice and serve.
* This is great served with a light salad and some crusty bread.
You can also substitute any leftover vegetables you may have in fridge for zucchini.
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.