Apartment fire displaces family - WSMV Channel 4

Apartment fire displaces family

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

An East Nashville family will have to find a new place to live after an apartment fire early Sunday morning.

It happened on Porter Road just after midnight. Ashley O'Hara says she was asleep, but something told her to wake up. Her home was full of smoke. She ran to her neighbor, Nicole Ezell, who called 911 for help, and helped contain the fire by closing the door to her apartment.

Firefighters contained the flames to O'Hara's apartment, but the unit below her's suffered some water damage. They also managed to save some of O'Hara's Christmas presents for her 2 children.

Neighbors say the children were visiting their grandmother, and weren't home when the fire happened.

Copyright 2012 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.