Cheatham County home destroyed by fire - WSMV Channel 4

Cheatham County home destroyed by fire

Posted: Updated:

A Cheatham County family lost their home to a devastating fire Tuesday night.

The fire occurred at a home on Highway 12 in Henrietta, TN.

Firefighters said they saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the residence as soon as they arrived. By the time they extinguished the blaze, it was already considered a total loss.

Authorities said the fire may have been caused by some embers in the fireplace.

Nobody was home when the fire started, and the family's pets were unharmed as well.

Authorities said the family is staying with relatives in the area.

Copyright 2012 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.