Makes 3 - 10" Pizzas
3 cups All Purpose flour – unbleached
1 tsp. salt
2-¼ tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 ¼ cups water, room temp
Preheat oven to 450* with pizza stone on bottom of oven
1. Combine all dry ingredients in bowl of stand mixer. Mix on low to combine.
2. Add oil & honey, turn mixer on at lowest speed and add water.
3. Mix on low (speed 1 on KitchenAid) for 3 minutes.
4. Turn speed to 2 and mix for one additional minute.
5. Remove dough (will be sticky!) to bowl coated with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and kitchen towel.
6. Allow to rise undisturbed for one hour.
7. Remove dough to counter coated liberally with flour. Divide into 3 equal pieces.
8. Roll dough into ball shape & cover with towel
9. Allow to rise undisturbed for 10 – 60 minutes.
10. Roll dough to desired thickness & shape (I prefer oval about 1/8" thick)
11. Place on peel or back of cookie sheet that's coated with corn meal.
12. Top with desired sauce & toppings and slide onto pizza stone.
13. Bake until golden brown – about 12 minutes.
14. Remove & serve.
Copyright WSMV 2012 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.